It’s been a while, but be honest…you’re not really surprised. So instead of trying to “catch up”, I’m just going to dump the things that have been poking at my eyes and ears lately.
- Broken Record with Malcolm Gladwell and Rick Rubin - My initial take on this as “this is awesome”, but now that I’ve finished the Beastie Boys Book my thinking is a little…mixed. Still, if you love music you should listen.
- How to Be Awesome at Your Job - Old podcast, but new to me.
- Function with Anil Dash - Anil is a very thoughtful host.
- Instant Message - It’s a pretty simplistic take on “tech”, but I do like the business angles they present.
- Pivot with Kara Swisher and Scott Galloway - If you like listening to Facebook getting kicked in the shins, tune in.
- Pro Rata - Great for people that want to stay in tune with tech and politics but also think they have ADHD.
- Techmeme Ride Home - More tech, less politics, and about 20min long.
Audio Books (I’ve actually finished):
- Beastie Boys Book - A long, fantastic audio book with dozens of celebrity guest readers. Sadly, no actual music because reasons.
- How the Internet Happened by Brian McCullough - Just a great history, even if you lived through it, you should listen.
Audio Books (I want to finish):
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport
- Nonviolent Communication by Marshall Rosenberg PhD
- Stubborn Attachments by Tyler Cowen